Summer 2019 Application
Our Summer Program runs from JUNE 25 TO AUGUST 2. The Summer 2019 program will serve current Pre-Kindergarten through 6th graders with a six-week academic and enrichment program. Transportation is provided, and the students are on the Norwalk Community College campus Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. Students participate in academics, art and music classes, swimming (off-campus), and field trips. We require that our students attend the entire summer session.
Horizons is a full-scholarship program, but there will be a $40 non-refundable processing fee upon acceptance to the program. Each year we have to turn away many of our applicants due to limited space. If you cannot commit to having your child attend every day of our six-week program, please do not apply.
Students applying to Horizons are not guaranteed entry into the program. Our entry points are Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Every year, we have more applicants than available openings. If your child is not accepted this year, we hope you will apply again another year. If you have a child in a non-entry grade and would like to be placed on a waitlist, please complete the forms. If a spot opens, we will be calling parents on our waiting list so they can complete their application process.
SUMMER 2019 APPLICATION:
In order for this application to be considered, it must be completed and received by March 1, 2019. In addition to the above application, you must also submit the following by mail to the Horizons at NCC office at P.O. Box 244, Norwalk CT 06853 by March 1, 2019:
- REPORT CARD (a copy of your student’s most recent report card)
- IEP or 504 PLAN (only when applicable)
- STUDENT SASID ID number (Norwalk Public School ID number - this number can be found on your child’s report card)
- PUBLIC SCHOOL FREE OR REDUCED LUNCH LETTER (if your child does not receive free or reduced lunch from the public school, please submit your 2017 1040 Tax Return)
- SOCIAL WORKER/GUIDANCE COUNSELOR/TEACHER EVALUATION FORM (please download the form from this link and bring it to the child’s social worker/guidance counselor/teacher. Please note that this form is confidential and must be submitted directly to Horizons NCC by the social worker/guidance counselor/teacher)
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MARCH 1, 2019. Please call the Horizons NCC office at 203-857-7396 if you have any questions, or if you are having difficulty submitting additional paperwork.
Admission decisions will be released by early April. A mandatory parent orientation will also take place prior to the beginning of the summer program. If your child is not admitted, he/she will be placed on a waiting list in the event a space becomes available.